Mine asteroids, hunt pirates, attack civilians, fight the police... just do whatever it takes to get as rich as you can as fast as you can! Cashtronauts is a space combat & trading game that takes place in an alternate universe where dinosaurs rule the galaxy and fight viciously between themselves to climb to the top of the economic food chain.
- Open-ended gameplay — Choose your own path to riches and victory: scavenging, vigilantism, piracy, mining or a mix thereof
- Splitscreen multiplayer — 1-4 players can compete on the same machine. New modes and options coming soon!
- As tough as you want it — Unlock and toggle new game modifiers as you progress. Each one adds new challenges to the game, but greatly increases your profits!
- Dynamic AI — Pirates attack a civilian mining vessel, who then calls the cops over; do you jump in and help, or wait until it's over and scavenge what's left behind?
- Beauty — Stylized and colourful flat-shaded 3D world paired with striking 2D character portraits
- Kickin' tunes — New exclusive soundtrack from Patrice Bourgeault (Mercenary Kings, Ninja Senki)
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Cashtronauts looks like a game I would draw on my paper bag covered books in junior high. That’s not a bad thing, quite the opposite in fact; it looks like my tween fantasy come to life. One of them anyway.
— Greg Micek, Cliqist
Simon Préfontaine’s portmanteau-ed retro space shooter combines three things most gamers already love: Asteroids-style shooting, loot collecting and split-screen multiplayer.
— Erik Leijon, Cult MTL
Mixes that classic Asteroid-eqsue gameplay most of us know and love, but throws in a hefty dose of modern capitalism.
— Marcus Beard, BitPulse
Cashtronauts just happens to be a really nice mix of both space action, and some really nice retro arcade vibes on top of that.
— Robin E, The Gaming Ground
Imagine how weird "Joy of Painting" would have been if Bob Ross was doing portraits. "Today we're going to draw a nice blonde lady."