CAPITALISM AT ITS MOST FEROCIOUS
Cashtronauts is a twin-stick space capitalist game with one simple goal: get rich. Fly around randomly-generated solar systems to mine asteroids, scavenge wrecks and collect bounties. Or explore more criminal methods like piracy and smuggling. But beware – growing wealthy makes you a tasty target to others even less scrupulous than yourself...
- Open-ended gameplay — Choose your own path to riches and victory: scavenging, vigilantism, piracy, mining or a mix thereof
- Splitscreen multiplayer — 1-4 players can compete on the same machine. New modes and options coming soon!
- Rogue-lite gameplay — A unique procedurally-generated solar system for each game
- Dynamic AI — Pirates attack a civilian mining vessel, who then calls the cops over; do you jump in and help, or wait until it's over and scavenge what's left behind?
- Beauty — Stylized and colourful flat-shaded 3D world paired with striking 2D character portraits
- Kickin' tunes — New exclusive soundtrack from Patrice Bourgeault (Mercenary Kings, Ninja Senki)
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Cashtronauts looks like a game I would draw on my paper bag covered books in junior high. That’s not a bad thing, quite the opposite in fact; it looks like my tween fantasy come to life. One of them anyway.
— Greg Micek, Cliqist
Simon Préfontaine’s portmanteau-ed retro space shooter combines three things most gamers already love: Asteroids-style shooting, loot collecting and split-screen multiplayer.
— Erik Leijon, Cult MTL
Mixes that classic Asteroid-eqsue gameplay most of us know and love, but throws in a hefty dose of modern capitalism.
— Marcus Beard, BitPulse
Cashtronauts just happens to be a really nice mix of both space action, and some really nice retro arcade vibes on top of that.
— Robin E, The Gaming Ground