Mine asteroids, hunt pirates, attack civilians, fight the police... just do whatever it takes to get as rich as you can as fast as you can! Cashtronauts is a space combat & trading game that takes place in an alternate universe where dinosaurs rule the galaxy and fight viciously between themselves to climb to the top of the economic food chain.
After our Steam Early Access the game will also be coming to Xbox One!
- Open-ended gameplay — Choose your own path to riches and victory: scavenging, vigilantism, piracy, mining or a mix thereof
- Splitscreen multiplayer — 1-4 players can compete on the same machine. New modes and options coming soon!
- As tough as you want it — Unlock and toggle new game modifiers as you progress. Each one adds new challenges to the game, but greatly increases your profits!
- Dynamic AI — Pirates attack a civilian mining vessel, who then calls the cops over; do you jump in and help, or wait until it's over and scavenge what's left behind?
- Beauty — Stylized and colourful flat-shaded 3D world paired with striking 2D character portraits
- Kickin' tunes — New exclusive soundtrack from Patrice Bourgeault (Mercenary Kings, Ninja Senki)
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Cashtronauts looks like a game I would draw on my paper bag covered books in junior high. That’s not a bad thing, quite the opposite in fact; it looks like my tween fantasy come to life. One of them anyway.
— Greg Micek, Cliqist
Simon Préfontaine’s portmanteau-ed retro space shooter combines three things most gamers already love: Asteroids-style shooting, loot collecting and split-screen multiplayer.
— Erik Leijon, Cult MTL
Mixes that classic Asteroid-eqsue gameplay most of us know and love, but throws in a hefty dose of modern capitalism.
— Marcus Beard, BitPulse
Cashtronauts just happens to be a really nice mix of both space action, and some really nice retro arcade vibes on top of that.
— Robin E, The Gaming Ground
You know you've made it in gamedev when someone uses art from a game your friend worked on as a reference/inspiration!